The Level 3 Mountain Bike Leadership Award is aimed at experienced, Level 2 or TCL qualified leaders who are ready to take the next step. Level 3 Leaders will create inspiring and long-lasting experiences, operating in remote environments and on physically demanding trails of high technical difficulty.
The Level 3 Mountain Bike Leadership Award particularly focuses on leading groups in remote technical terrain. The three-day training course builds upon the skills and knowledge gained at Level 2, along with the following areas:
- advanced trailside repairs
- route planning and navigation strategies for technical terrain
- group management in technical terrain
- risk assessment
- managing accidents and emergencies
- promoting hydration and nutrition
- methods for developing attentional focus.