Please make sure you have read the following terms and conditions before booking with Pedal MTB Ltd. By booking, you accept that you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
We aim to treat everybody fairly. By placing a booking, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you have any further questions, please contact us. In the following conditions ‘we’ are the company Pedal MTB Ltd and ‘you’ are the person booking an activity.
- BOOKING –When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our booking confirmation email and a deposit or full payment is made. One person may accept the booking conditions on behalf of a group. We will confirm your booking by email. The contract is governed by English law.
- DEPOSIT – We require full payment on booking of a non-corporate activity with Pedal MTB Ltd. For corporate bookings we require a 25% deposit of the total amount agreed based on confirmed numbers quoted and provisionally booked. See term condition 6. ‘CANCELLATION BY YOU’ for details of cancellation terms.
- PAYMENT – The balance of the activity cost must be received 8 weeks prior to commencement. Reminders will not necessarily be sent. If the full balance is not received 8 weeks prior to the activity commencement, you will be deemed to have cancelled your activity and cancellation terms will apply. Please be aware that if you are booking within two weeks of your intended activity, payment methods may be restricted. You will be invoiced in pounds sterling.
- MINIMUM NUMBERS – The minimum number of participants in a scheduled group course is 2 and for leadership training courses is 3. We will accept bookings for less than 2 participants. However, if the minimum number of participants is not reached within 2 weeks of the course commencement, we reserve the right to cancel the course. We will not be liable for any extra costs incurred with respect to your attendance of your course. If minimum numbers are not reached we will either a) refund the full cost of your course b) provide an equal or better course on a different date c) amend your course with your agreement or d) agree a different course (which may incur further charges depending on published prices).
- PAYMENT PROTECTION – We guarantee not to increase the cost of the activity once a booking has been received. You have up to 28 days after completion of the activity to lodge any complaint concerning the activity. We have a further 28 days to respond to your complaint.
- CANCELLATION BY YOU – We will always endeavour to accommodate any changes to your activity that you require. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. Any cancellation by you must be received in writing. If you cancel prior to 8 weeks of the commencement, you will forfeit a £10 administration fee per booking. If you cancel your activity within 8 weeks of commencement, you will forfeit 25% of the total price. If you cancel your activity within 4 weeks of commencement, you will forfeit 75% of the total price. If you cancel your activity within 2 weeks of commencement, you will forfeit 100% of the total price.
- CANCELLATION BY US – We will always endeavour to avoid cancellation of an activity. In the event of any exceptional circumstances beyond our control, we may have to cancel your activity. Any cancellation by us will result in a full refund to yourself, or transfer to another suitable activity. We cannot be held liable for any other expenses you might incur as a result of us cancelling your activity. Force majeure: This means a cause beyond our control. We will not refund, nor will we pay compensation, if we have to cancel or change your travel and/or accommodation arrangements in any way because of war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to force majeure.
- CHANGES TO THE ACTIVITY BY YOU – We will always endeavour to accommodate any changes to your activity that you require. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so. Any request for changes must be made in writing from the person who made the booking. You may be required to pay an administration charge, plus any further costs incurred, in accommodating this alteration. You should be aware that a change of date of travel may constitute cancellation of your activity as dealt with in clause 6. Any alterations to your activity made after departure may result in additional charges to cover costs incurred. If you do not use any part of the services covered by your booking, you will not be entitled to reimbursement.
- CHANGES TO THE ACTIVITY BY US – There is always the need to be flexible in an activity. We will always endeavour to fulfil our itinerary. However, our itinerary and overall goal of our activity should be taken as an aim and not a contractual obligation. However, we will endeavour to ensure that your activity is not devalued. We will not devalue or change the theme of an activity. We will always endeavour to keep you informed of any changes to your activity.
- UNCONNECTED THIRD PARTIES – We cannot be held liable for any damages, losses or inconveniences arising due to events involving travel, accommodation or any other third party arrangements you have made in support of your activity with Pedal MTB Ltd. We will do everything within our capabilities to accommodate your booking when issues arise due to such events however should you fail to attend your activity due to third party issues we are under no obligation to offer any refund or exchange of your activity.
- INSURANCE – All participants are recommended to take out adequate insurance cover. Any such policy should cover activity participation, personal items, medical expenses, the cost of repatriation in the event of illness and cancellation by you.
- LIMIT OF OUR LIABILITY – Our liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total cost of your activity. We accept no responsibility for any damage or loss to your personal possessions. We are not liable for any failure to carry out the contract if the failure is a) due to the actions of a participant b) due to the actions of a third party unconnected with us or our travel and accommodation partners c) due to circumstances out-with our control and unforeseeable d) due theft or damage to bicycles or injury to you which occurs as a result of cycling on or off-road; or during transit.
- HIRE BIKES – Advance booking is necessary in order for us to hire bikes for you. Our scheduled courses do not include the cost of hire bikes. We source hire bikes from local bike shops and do not accept any responsibility for the condition of the bikes but do expect them to be maintained to a good standard and fit for purpose. You are responsible for looking after hire bikes and must notify us of any defects as soon as possible. You are liable to the bike hirer for any loss or damages to the hire bike. You must commit to return the hire equipment in the same condition as you received it and may not sell, hire or otherwise part with the equipment during your activity.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES – All types of sport involve elements of risk and discomfort, and your booking represents acceptance of this. It is imperative that you RIDE WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES at all times. If you are unsure of your capabilities, you must walk when you are not confident riding. It is a condition of participation that you always wear an approved safety helmet. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation. You are responsible for keeping your bike in good working order and you must notify us of any defects as soon as possible. If you bring your own bike, you must ensure it is in good working order before commencement of the activity. We reserve the right to prevent you from participating if your bike is not in good working order.. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader of the group. Any leader who deems your behaviour to detrimental to the welfare of the group or you, may remove you from the group. We reserve the right to remove any person from an activity who is deemed to be acting in this manner. We will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances. You commit to attending all meeting points in good time. If you are late or fail to turn up at a given meeting point, you will be liable for costs incurred in catching up with the group. You have a contractual responsibility to act in a reasonable way for the duration of your activity. Any behaviour by you which is, in the reasonable opinion of the site owner or manager or any other person in authority, disruptive or likely to adversely affect the enjoyment of other persons, will be a breach of the contract and our obligation to provide any contracted services to you will end. We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation in activities.
- MEDICAL – You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen activity and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the activity. You must notify us of any specific medication and dietary requirements at time of booking.
- PARTICIPANTS (MINIMUM AGE RESTRICTIONS) – Pedal MTB Ltd will take direct bookings for participants over the age of 18. Any person under the age of 18 can only be signed up by a parent or guardian. You must contact Pedal MTB Ltd before booking anyone under 18 onto a non-child specific skills course to discuss your circumstances. Participants under 18 can attend a Pedal MTB Ltd family day or booked onto our specific kids courses as these products / activities are designed for under 18’s in the stated age groups. This ensures suitable ratio of supervision by a parent or guardian or tutor. Any person booking onto a non-child specific skills course under 18 please contact us to discuss suitability first.
By booking any activity with Pedal MTB Ltd you accept that you have read and understood these terms and conditions.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Pedal MTB’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Y-Nyth, Trefriw, Conwy, LL270RJ. Our company registration number is: 11227734. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.